Saturday, December 3

Glenwood Springs: day 2

ugh! altitude
did a 3 mile hike up to hanging lake or something. sooo gorgeous - all snow everywhere and there were even small fish in the lake! you could see everything in it cause it was so clear. amazing. but tough! started to get a bit dizzy on the way up. wonder how snowboarding would be?
going to check out the hot springs and vapor caves later today. this place is so gorgeous, but I don't think I could stand it unless I was comfortable with snowboarding. only way to find out is to try!

and speaking of, managed to try surfing in Pacifica, just south of SF. sooo cooold! about 50 degrees in the water. I really needed a hoodie to go with my wetsuit. hardly lasted an hour in spurts. but I did it! the waves were so different than Waikiki, but still really nice and manageable. I just couldn't take the cold - totally zapped all my strength.

best part of the trip so far: seeing so many different and cool places with so much neat stuff to do.
worst part of the trip so far: being bored and restless when I get back to the east coast.
*sigh*

and can't forget to say much thanks to Mark & Family for putting me up!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?