Sunday, November 27

SF: day 7

so there's been a bit of a lapse in updates, but there's a couple good reasons, namely that I haven't had easy internet access. but the main reason is that I'M HAVING TOO MUCH FUN!!!
hooray.
SF is living up to all my expectations, except that it's ridiculously hard to find a grocery store or a cheap diner when you need one. good lord food's expensive here! but I really like the SFSU campus - it's only about a half hour walk from the ocean and a half hour train ride from downtown! it reminds me a bit of UH which is way cool. tropical atmosphere without the isolation of an island. score. plus I found a cool surf shop and their surfing season is fall and winter - looks like I'm gonna get out on the waves again in the next few days. only question is whether I can withstand the cold. at least I have an appropriate wetsuit. just need the hoodie and maybe some booties. hee hee.
only expectations that have not been met: the redwoods are so much smaller than I imagined! probably wasn't in the right spot.
it's nice and warm - in the 60s, although a bit windy. at least it's been sunny almost the whole time. my only complaint is that I have too few days left and so much yet to do! argh... guess I'll have to come back! darn?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?