Friday, October 28

LA: Day 1

it’s everything I expected and more. palm trees lining the streets, pastel stucco houses with red tile roofs, celebrity friends, and big parties on the weekend. looking forward to a full weekend of Halloween activites and swimming in the Pacific.

updates:
Detroit
amazing city. so strange in its development and interesting to see a town so intertwined with cars. it’s intriguing. really enjoyed the Ford Factory and museum. I learned so much there and yet still have so many questions.

Texas
so I didn’t use the internet while I was there. here’s a summary instead:
Dallas – state fair. yeeee haw! livestock shows and carnival rides, Dallas Cowgirls, prize-winning arts and crafts and a whooole lot of fried food.
Austin – longhorns, an interactive film about Texas, nice thrift stores and a whooole lot of clubs and bars.
San Antonio – remember the Alamo? I do. and the riverwalk and the Mercado…
Canyon Lake – the hill country is sooo beautiful. went for a bike ride and swam in the river, watched the stars, and just relaxed. ahhh…
Pat and Sam have been the most gracious hosts. thank you both so so so much.

30hr train ride – not as bad as I thought. slept normal hours, got a blanket from a train conductor, watched a couple films and the desert. hooray. passed by a sign on a fence that read “This is the border of the United States of America” near El Paso.

Comments:
You know what... it's almost November... and you know what happens in November?? Sarah J comes to Victoria! wooohoooooo! get tan in cali and hawaii, cause all it does is rain here, i warn you now.
 
woohoooo! is right. although I'll miss the ocean (and I haven't even been in it yet) I'm so stoked to take a ferry from Seattle!
I'll call you soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?