Tuesday, September 27

Boston: day 4

according to Zagat:
Boston Metro Area has about 400 bars
Manhattan alone has about 1100
but I found enough in Cambridge.

John Harvard - horrible beer. even the best watered down Guinness is better than their oatmeal stout.
Thirsty Scholar - nice. good selection (including Murphy's). although the company was a bit of a downer - one other guy whose friend just died in a motorcycle crash.
*Druid - niiice. ran into the bartender outside and he introduced me all around the bar. nice Irish place. authentically Irish. time just flies in places like that! and thanks to Sean for footing the bill.

Margaret Cho was good. the girl I sat next to (Rae?) and I were cracking up the most. really made me miss the NYC comedy clubs. Chris - next time I'm back in the city, be sure to hook me up! She was a lot more political than I expected. pretty decent.

today is sort of a 'housekeeping' day - run to the post office, pack my small bag for Providence for the next couple of days, send out some e-mails, make some phone calls... etc.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?