Sunday, September 25

Boston: day 2

so exhausted!
but walking all over boston for nearly 7hrs is a very good reason.
today was my first real exploration of boston as the first time I was here was about 11yrs ago and the last time was one day in the middle of January.

for anyone who knows boston or cares what all I did:
-walked up Boylston St and saw the floats for the 375th birthday of boston parade
-crossed the Congress St bridge (currently closed to traffic) and discovered that the Beaver (the boat which hosted the Boston Tea Party in 1773) has disappeared! last time I tried to see it, it wasn't open due to cold weather
-walked along the harbor and really enjoyed the old wharf buildings, especially the mercantile one
-went to the aquarium and saw the 3-D IMax movie on sharks by Cocteau... sweeet! and not really scary, I wanted to pet them. highly recommend the aquarium for serious penguin-lovers (thanks Hugh!)
-ate a stuffed crab on the half shell at Quincy Market
-picked my own bouquet of flowers at Exotic Flowers outside the Quincy Market (that fridge they keep the flowers in was freeezing!)
-walked back to Northeastern from there. ugh!
Tomorrow: exploring Cambridge

time's passing waaay too fast - I leave Boston in a day and a half!

Comments:
Gee I should have given you the phone number of Anne Crosby. 781-259-1077. I think Catherine is living at home with them now in Lincoln
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?